Wednesday 31 July 2013

OMG I did it!!

I have just officially pressed send on my first submission for publication!! The story is just under 11000 words long and I have submitted for a Christmas anthology. The deadline for sending in submissions is tomorrow.

I still can't quite believe I managed to finish it in time. I've been working on it every day for a while but the words were being dragged out of me. Somehow, yesterday and today they just flowed.

Of course, I've left it much too late for anyone to do a tidy up/ beta for me which is a shame, but I am just so chuffed that I did what I said i was going to do - I beat the deadline and I submitted something.

I need to lie down - now I feel ill at the thought of professional strangers reading my story and laughing their heads off at me for even thinking I might have some talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment