Tuesday 23 July 2013

Coming up on deadlines.....

...and I appear to have written absolutely loads this month but I haven't actually finished anything!

So far this month, I have written just over 32000 words but I still have two separate Christmas stories that I haven't finished when there's a deadline of 1st August for submission. Part of it is because I decided to write one of them with my writing partner and we haven't managed to get our asses in gear. The second one is because no matter how quickly I write, the story seems to be growing and just not ending. There is a limit of 18,000 words and I haven't made it to 5,000 words yet but it already feels longer than I had originally intended.

Sometimes I think I do this on purpose - set myself up to fail. But I don't mean to.

All of the reading I have done this month just seems to confirm that I can't write as well as the authors I admire. And I know that I should take that as motivation to keep going, to improve. But instead it just seems to be something that presses me down!

Ah, to hell with it. 32000 words and I have another 8 days before the deadline. Let's see if I can finish just one of these stories by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment